I realized that my list of things to remember before going on stage in an improv show can pretty much translate to any form of writing, and actually to life if you use the word “character” to mean your own character, rather than a fictional one (I just realized that is the same word with two meanings. I’m a little slow).
1. Yes, to the details in your mind.
2. Yes, to wherever you are led.
3. Yes, to the silence and enjoyment in it.
4. Yes, to the subtlety and little things.
5. Yes, to your character and urges from within.
6. Yes, to fun and good times.
7. Yes, you can relax and play.
Do you have any advice you give yourself for acting, writing, creating, or living?